
So, I thought I should go ahead and share some of my most memorable moments at work.
First and foremost this is for a very special person Mr. Al may you rest in peace my dear friend,
First and foremost this is for a very special person Mr. Al may you rest in peace my dear friend,
I miss you dearly.
Our long conversations about history, German music, photographs, guns, , headstones,
John Wayne, and of course all that military stuff, that's close to both of our hearts.
They told you, you had only six more months to live, you always use to ask me if you should bother making another dental appointment, I catch myself smiling just thinking of it.
-Well, you put the dentist off for about a year, and you where still living.
I remember when you called me one day, your voice sounded irritated, you had finally got a cleaning done. Since you where one of the lucky one in that age with all real fangs, you felt a little "cheated" by the doc's, you where not ready to loose your teeth because, they where expecting you to pack your bags any day.
You told me, you wanted me to do your funeral, when the day come, and it did...
On February 13th, 2008 I did your funeral with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery, it was a cold and rainy day I will never forget.
I caught myself smiling beneath my tears as the military rendered military honors, and taps where being played. I was so honored and privileged to have known you.
They gave you six months to live, you hung in for almost 3 years, until your lungs gave up.

I go and see you sometimes, I sit by your grave, and think about all those great times we had.
They told you, you had only six more months to live, you always use to ask me if you should bother making another dental appointment, I catch myself smiling just thinking of it.
-Well, you put the dentist off for about a year, and you where still living.
I remember when you called me one day, your voice sounded irritated, you had finally got a cleaning done. Since you where one of the lucky one in that age with all real fangs, you felt a little "cheated" by the doc's, you where not ready to loose your teeth because, they where expecting you to pack your bags any day.
You told me, you wanted me to do your funeral, when the day come, and it did...
On February 13th, 2008 I did your funeral with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery, it was a cold and rainy day I will never forget.
I caught myself smiling beneath my tears as the military rendered military honors, and taps where being played. I was so honored and privileged to have known you.
They gave you six months to live, you hung in for almost 3 years, until your lungs gave up.

I go and see you sometimes, I sit by your grave, and think about all those great times we had.
You truly where my hero, my mentor, my friend....
I miss you dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment